Monday, November 9, 2009

Curse that little pointy finger!

Motherhood in general is different than I expected. Not in a bad way but I guess you could say I didn't expect it to be quite so hard! Those of you that are parents are laughing and those that aren't JUST YOU WAIT! Anyway lately the little guy has just really developed a will of steel! I swear the kid is out to get me! We have baby-proofed our house extremely well but there are just somethings that we can't figure out how to Cyrus-proof and THOSE ARE THE THINGS HE IS DRAWN TO! Case in point the DVD player. The Cy guy has been flexing his dexterity lately by very carefully poking thinks with his pointer finger. His favorite thing to poke? You guessed it the buttons on the DVD player. And he is sneaky! I'll leave him playing with his toys in the other room to go start dinner and the little fellow will sneak past me and before I know it I can hear the disc tray on the DVD player sliding open, Cyrus will then carefully remove the current DVD and bring it to me or (if it is Ratatouille or Cars) push the tray back in and wait for the movie to start. This is particularly obnoxious if we are say in the middle of a movie or watching something on television (yes I am the bad mom that lets my kiddo watch TV). The situation becomes particularly hilarious when Daddy is home and watching TV, because he thinks Cyrus is maliciously sabotaging his TV time! He has a ton of toys but he wants to play with the DVD player. He has lots of snacks but he wants to eat the dog food and printer paper. I'm understand that this is the setting boundaries stage of life but golly it's hard! The kid is a real blast though, and I love staying home with him! I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Look at the sly look on his face, he is plotting something I just know it! Watch out DVDs Cyrus is coming for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment